Frequently Asked Questions
What are the starting times?
Marathon — 9:00am
Half-Marathon — 9:00am
5k Run / Walk — 12:30pm
When should I arrive?
You should arrive at least an hour before your start time to do any last minute things (baggage check, warm-up, toilets, etc).
What are the course closure times?
Marathon — closes at 3:00pm, must maintain a 8:32 min/km pace (13:45 min/mile)
Half Marathon — closes at 12:40pm, must maintain a 10:25 min/km pace (16:47 min/mile)
5k — closes at 1:45pm, must maintain a 15min/km pace (24.14 min/mile)
Finish Line closes at 3:00pm
After the courses close, support will be limited and participants assume the role of pedestrians.
What items are NOT allowed on the course?
Half and Full Marathon Course
- The following items will NOT be allowed on the half or full marathon course: strollers, baby joggers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles, any other wheeled device, animals, walking sticks/poles/canes, etc.
- The following items will NOT be allowed on the 5k race course: skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles, animals (guide dogs will be permitted).
- Motorized wheelchairs, guide dogs, medical scooters (REQUIRED for medical purposes/disability reasons) are allowed in the 5k - ONLY!
- We encourage you to participate with a team or a guide.
- For the safety of yourselves and other participants, please start at the back of the 5k, and please be courteous to other participants who may have to pass.
Can my dog run with me?
The only dogs (animals) that will be allowed on the course are guide dogs and this is ONLY on the 5k race course.
Do you have a walking section for the marathon?
Yes, walkers start behind the runners at 9:00am. The marathon course will remain open until 3:00pm, allowing for a 6hr marathon. After the course closes, support will be limited and participants assume the role of pedestrians.
Is there a walking section for the half marathon?
Yes, walkers start behind the runners at 9:00am. The half marathon course will remain open until 12:40pm, allowing for a 3hr 40min half marathon. After the course closes, support will be limited, and participants assume the role of pedestrians.
Can I wear my headphones / iPod during the run?
Yes, you are allowed to wear MP3 players, iPods, etc at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Please stay to the right hand side of the road and be aware of runners and course marshalls around you. You are encouraged to keep the volume low enough so that you can still hear important directions provided by course marshalls.
Where are the aid and water stations?
Water and Gatorade will be available at the race party area near the finish line and at all Water & Aid stations along the course. Each aid station will have Gatorade, Water, Port-o-lets and first aid personnel.
Water & Aid stations are located at every 2–3k.
What kind of weather should I expect?
The daily average temperature for the month of October in Toronto is a comfortable 10.6°C or 51°F. The average high in October is 13.8°C or 57°F and the average low is 7.3°C or 45°F. Average rainfall for the month is 64.7mm or 2.5”. Moderately high humidity is a possibility at this time of year. Be prepared for a variety of conditions.
Who receives medals?
All marathon, half marathon and 5k finishers will receive a medal.